Have you been wondering what the cause of infertility in both males and females are? In this article, we will be taking a look at the risk factors for male and female infertility. Keep reading, we got it all covered.
Risk factors for female infertility
Factors that could contribute to female infertility include:
- Abnormal menstruation
- Blocked fallopian tubes
- Celiac disease
- Kidney disease
- Past ectopic (tubal) pregnancy
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Pituitary gland disorders, such as Cushing’s syndrome
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), ovarian cysts, and primary ovarian insufficiency
- Sickle cell anemia
- Uterine problems, including endometriosis, uterine fibroids, and uterine polyps
- Thyroid disease
Risk factors for male infertility
- Enlarged veins (varicocele) in the scrotum, the sac that holds the testicles
- Genetic disorders, such as cystic fibrosis
- High heat exposure to testicles from tight clothing or frequent use of hot tubs and saunas
- Injury to the scrotum or testicles
- Low sperm count or low testosterone (hypogonadism).
- Misuse of anabolic steroids
- Premature ejaculation or retrograde ejaculation (semen flows back into the bladder)
- Testicular cancer and treatments
- Undescended testicles
If, after a year of trying, a woman under 35 is still not pregnant, she should visit a doctor. If you are older than 35, you should get help sooner (after six months of trying). As a woman ages, her chances of becoming pregnant decline. The fertility of a woman in her 30s is half that of a woman in her 20s. Regardless of gender, if you have a risk factor that affects fertility, you should seek care as soon as possible.
We are here to partner with you on your journey to parenthood.
Omega Golden Fertility is a specialized, premium, and assisted conception center in Nigeria.
At Omega, the best of science, technology, and the highest ethical practices are combined to deliver real value to our numerous clients. We consider ourselves as the last frontier in the assisted reproduction industry. With state of art facilities, highly trained specialists, and a culture of excellence, omega is poised to bring her clients a lasting smile. Wouldn’t you rather talk to us? Help is just a click away.
You can get started by booking an online consultation session today. Click the link below to book and schedule your hassle-free consultation.
You can also connect with us on all their social media handles for more regular updates
YOU MIGHT LIKE THIS VIDEO